Monday, July 6, 2009

14 Movies To See Before You Die- Funny or Die

I just read on Entertainment Weekly that the guys over at Funny or Die (Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to be exacty) made a list of the 14 movies to see before you die. There list was:
1. Goodfellas
2. Election
3. The Man Who Would Be King
4. Tin Men
5. Cinema Paradiso
6. Nights of Cabiria
7. Airplane!
8. Series 7: The Contenders
9. The Exorcist
10. Mail Order Wife
11. Rear Window
12. The Sound of Music
13. Tron
14. Flirting With Disaster

I felt obliged to make up a list and I did so before looking at the comments section and this is what I came up with:
1. The African Queen
2. Bonnie and Clyde
3. Dial M For Murder
4. The Lion King
5. West Side Story
6. Memento
7. Shakespeare in Love
8. All That Jazz
9. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
10. A Few Good Men
11. Good Will Hunting
12. Terminator
13. American Beauty
14. Jurassic Park

(BTW- I use the name "Mike" on EntertainmentWeekly.com)
After I posted my list I looked at what other people had suggested and found a lot of the same movies, especially: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Dark Knight, Fight Club, Almost Famous, and Moulin Rouge! I'm a little surprised and extremely delighted by the love for Moulin Rouge! out there on EW.com. So what do you think? Do you have a top 14? If you are reading this please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment