Sunday, October 11, 2009

Survey from Encore

I got this from Encore's World of TV and Film. Pretty interesting survey I thought I would like to take myself.





1. What's your all time favourite Clark Gable film?
Gone With the Wind of course!


2. Do you like Joan Crawford as a comedienne or drama queen?
I don't like Joan Crawford, but probably as a drama queen because of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

3. In your opinion, should Ginger Rogers have made more musicals post-Fred Astaire?
Nah. She's not so fantastic without Astaire.

4. I promise not to cause you bodily (or any other serious) harm if you don't agree with me on this one. So please be honest: do you like Elizabeth Taylor? Hm?
Yes! Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? A Place in the Sun! Who doesn't love some Liz Taylor?


5. Who is your favorite offscreen Hollywood couple?
Hm... For those who have passed Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, and for those still with us... I'd have to go with a small-screen star John Krasinski and his wife-to-be Emily Blunt. Maybe I'm just on a The Office high after Jim and Pam got married... But I really do love these two!


6. How about onscreen Hollywood couple?
Montgomery Clift and Donna Reed, and then Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster in From Here to Eternity.

8. What was the first Gregory Peck movie you saw?
To Kill a Mockingbird, which is not a great movie...

9. What film made you fall in love with Alfred Hitchcock? (And for those of you that say, "I don't like Hitchcock" -- what is wrong with you?!)
Either Dial M for Murder or Psycho, but probably the former. But I might be falling out of love with him because of To Catch a Thief.


10. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaption?
From Here to Eternity I'd have to say.


11. Do you prefer Shirley Temple as a little girl or as a teenager?
Little girl.


12. Favorite character actor?
Does Tony Randall count? Or Steve Buscemi for a more modern take.


13. Favorite Barbara Stanwyck role?
Her in Double Indemnity.

14. Who is your favorite of Cary Grant's leading ladies?
Katharine Hepburn! Duh.

15. Bette Davis or Joan Crawford?
Not a huge fan of Crawford, and sort of a fan of Davis, so I'd have to go with Bette Davis here.

16. What actors and/or actresses do you think are underrated?
Rita Moreno is underrated, as is Olivia de Havilland. As for more current actresses/actors, I'd have to go with Laura Dern and Ewan McGregor.

17. What actors and/or actresses do you think are overrated?
Hm... Jack Nicholson is a little overrated because I think he may be legitimately crazy, so when he plays crazy it's less impressive. But I do like him. That's all that comes to mind right now.

18. Do you watch movies made pre-1980 exclusively, or do you spice up your viewing-fare with newer films?
I love the 90s in film, and the 2000s are doing pretty well, so nope! Although I'm not a huge fan of the 80s themselves. Some of the crowd pleasers of that decade, like E.T. and Tootsie are really just meh.

19. Is there an actor/actress who you have seen in a film and immediately loved? If so, who?
Montgomery Clift in From Here to Eternity and Katharine Hepburn. I cannot remember the first film I saw of her though... It might have been Woman of the Year.

20. Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire?
Gene Kelly! Singin' in the Rain!

21. Favorite Ginger Rogers drama?
Kitty Foyle.

22. If you wrote a screenplay, who would be in your dream cast and what roles would they play? (Mixing actors and actresses from different generations is allowed: any person from any point in their career.)
Okay I would need Sam Mendes directing, Renee Zellweger from Jerry Maguire, Leonardo DiCaprio from Titanic, Annette Bening from her American Beauty days, Katharine Hepburn in her Guess Who's Coming to Dinner phase, Ann Margret from Carnal Knowledge, Susan Sarandon from Dead Man Walking, add some Montgomery Clift during From Here to Eternity.

What the hell would this movie be about? I guess Renee and Leonardo DiCaprio would be getting married and it would be sort of a wedding dramedy. Kate would play Leo's mom and Annette would play Renee's. After the wedding is where the rest of this cast would fall in, but how I'm not exactly sure. I'd want an affair with Susan Sarandon going on, I know that much! Ann-Margret and Montgomery could play the neighbors of Leo and Renee, however, those two probably would not be comic relief.

23. Favorite actress?
Katharine Hepburn! Modern day probs. Renee.

25. Favorite actor?
Montgomery Clift for right now.

26. And now, the last question. What is your favorite movie from each of these genres:
Drama: From Here to Eternity (even though it's also a romance, I wanted to get The African Queen in here somehow so I'm making this a drama!)
Romance: The African Queen
Musical: Chicago
Comedy: Bringing Up Baby
Western: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

1 comment: