Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oscar-October Apologizes

I have made a terrible mistake. I have forgotten Montgomery Clift's birthday. There isn't a blog-post long enough to explain the misery that has overcome me, and all I can say is thanks to The Film Experience for making me realize my mistake. Montgomery Clift was born October 17, 1920, and died at the young age of 45 in 1966. He's given film some of the most emotionally potent performances ever, like in A Place in the Sun, and makes appearances in oft-forgotten films like The Heiress and films that nobody watches anymore, like Judgement at Nuremburg.

However, his greatest contribution is his work in the best black&white picture of all time, From Here to Eternity. If you have not seen it, you must Netflix it or whatever this minute. Stop reading this blog and make sure you can see it within 24 hours, it's vital to your existence. I'm not going to go on a rant about what makes it so great, because a truly magical film cannot be summed up into bleh words. From Here to Eternity has to be seen to be understood. Again, I am terribly sorry I missed this. Please forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment