Saturday, October 17, 2009

The PSATS and Kate Winslet?

So I was taking a Practice SAT this morning, and I get to the last part of the reading section and what do I find? The last reading section is all about novel to film adaptations. It started talking about Sense and Sensibility winning the Golden Globe, The Cider House Rules being a (yuck) good movie and winning Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars, and lastly about The Firm being a crap movie and making a lot of money, and a film based on the critically acclaimed novel Beloved failing to find an audience. What are the chances of this? And it has inspired me to list some of my favorite novel-film adaptations. I haven't read all of these, but nonetheless, I will list. Here they are, in some sort of order:

From Here to Eternity
Adaptation. (Does this count? I believe so. It's sort of based on The Orchid Thief)
Gone With the Wind
Dr. Strangelove
The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Last Picture Show
The Hours
The Godfather
Little Children
Ordinary People

Do you have any favorite novel to film adapations? Please, comment! Even if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment