Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 6: Television Meme

Favorite Episode of My Favorite Television Show

It's hard to choose just one episode, so in the following arbitrary order are some of my favorite episodes of Friends:

The One in Barbados
There's so much to love here. Though I'm not a huge fan of Joey/Rachel, I still love the way Joey and Charlie fell apart, and Charlie/Ross Rachel/Joey came together. And Monica's whole hair things show how good actors can make silly stories in pure comedy gold. And how could I forget David? Poor Hank Azaria. His David was just never destined to be with Phoebe!

The One Where Everybody Finds Out
Oh how the writers must have had a tough time figuring this out. She knows we know they know we know? I know they know we know they know? It's never confusing figuring out who knows what, and to that the writers deserve a standing ovation. And, naturally, Kudrow steals the show with the help of Perry's Chandler.

The One Where Ross Hugs Rachel
Season 6 is one of the most consistent seasons, and TOW Ross Hugs Rachel is just one of the many examples of the amazing consistency and hilarity of the season. Whether it's stupid gags (Monica's gross cookies) or balancing comedy and heart (Ross loving Rachel, Chandler and Monica's huge step forward), Friends always succeeds in making the audience wish that their friends were this sixsome. (Sixsome is so not a word.)

3 comments:

  1. I love the early monica/chandler episodes, but especially The One Where Everybody Finds Out. Definitely in my top 10 friends episodes.

    www.save-your-bacon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me the episodes in the earlier seasons were the best - still love them all though! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little nervous when I saw the first choice, but beyond that lay my all-time favorite, so all is well! I will say the crazy-haired Monica was pretty funny in Barbados. :)

    ReplyDelete