I wasn't tagged in this little movie thing-y, but since I've had a lot of time I figured I'd join in on all the movie-blogging...
1. A lot of movies can make me cry. For example: Moulin Rouge!, Forrest Gump, A League of Their Own, West Side Story...
2. I still honestly believe Anna Kendrick should have won the Academy Award over Mo'Nique. That seems to be a lost battle, no? Hopefully one day Anna Kendrick's performance in Up in the Air will get the recognition it deserves.
3. Johnny Depp doesn't excite me as much as he does others. He's given performances I like (hell, some of them I even love) but hearing his name on a cast list doesn't make me want to see the movie any more (or any less for that matter).
4. Musicals rock. I honestly think that Rob Marshall's Chicago was something of a masterpiece - something Bob Fosse would have been proud of. Spontaneously breaking out into song (to further the plot) is amazing. Why don't more movies do it?
5. Kate Winslet kind of bores me. I really enjoyed her in Little Children, but aside from that none of her performances ever wow me, and I've seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The same goes for Meryl Streep. I love her work in Adaptation. But outside of that film, I don't get the big deal. She sure is charming off screen, but I don't always understand the fuss. I also liked her in Kramer Vs. Kramer, but I'm not a huge fan of her "calculated" work in Sophie's Choice.
6. I'm anticipating Burlesque. That is all.
7. I think Zoolander is hysterical. I mean, orange mocha frappucinos? What could be better! I don't think Meet the Parents is as funny. It's just one of those things I suppose.
8. I consider Jurassic Park to be Spielberg's masterpiece. I hate E.T. with a passion, and his other films just can't beat the fact that in Jurassic Park he brought dinosaurs to life. Those things are freaking awesome. I hope the fourth installment in the series happens, and I hope Keira Knightley is still attached.
9. The first Katharine Hepburn movie (fav. actress) I saw was Woman of the Year, which I don't even particularly like. Who knows how I developed an obsession for her?
10. I think The Lion King is Disney's greatest product. If you don't believe me, watch for yourself.