Monday, April 19, 2010

10 Facts...

I wasn't tagged in this little movie thing-y, but since I've had a lot of time I figured I'd join in on all the movie-blogging...

1. A lot of movies can make me cry. For example: Moulin Rouge!, Forrest Gump, A League of Their Own, West Side Story...

2. I still honestly believe Anna Kendrick should have won the Academy Award over Mo'Nique. That seems to be a lost battle, no? Hopefully one day Anna Kendrick's performance in Up in the Air will get the recognition it deserves.

3. Johnny Depp doesn't excite me as much as he does others. He's given performances I like (hell, some of them I even love) but hearing his name on a cast list doesn't make me want to see the movie any more (or any less for that matter).

4. Musicals rock. I honestly think that Rob Marshall's Chicago was something of a masterpiece - something Bob Fosse would have been proud of. Spontaneously breaking out into song (to further the plot) is amazing. Why don't more movies do it?

5. Kate Winslet kind of bores me. I really enjoyed her in Little Children, but aside from that none of her performances ever wow me, and I've seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The same goes for Meryl Streep. I love her work in Adaptation. But outside of that film, I don't get the big deal. She sure is charming off screen, but I don't always understand the fuss. I also liked her in Kramer Vs. Kramer, but I'm not a huge fan of her "calculated" work in Sophie's Choice.


6. I'm anticipating Burlesque. That is all.

7. I think Zoolander is hysterical. I mean, orange mocha frappucinos? What could be better! I don't think Meet the Parents is as funny. It's just one of those things I suppose.

8. I consider Jurassic Park to be Spielberg's masterpiece. I hate E.T. with a passion, and his other films just can't beat the fact that in Jurassic Park he brought dinosaurs to life. Those things are freaking awesome. I hope the fourth installment in the series happens, and I hope Keira Knightley is still attached.

9. The first Katharine Hepburn movie (fav. actress) I saw was Woman of the Year, which I don't even particularly like. Who knows how I developed an obsession for her?

10. I think The Lion King is Disney's greatest product. If you don't believe me, watch for yourself.




11 comments:

  1. You developed an obsession for Hepburn because she's Hepburn, obviously. It's not a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good list. I agree with you about musicals, Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet who I didn't even like in Little Children as the movie itself did next to nothing for me. I think she used to be kind of interesting but then she got a taste of Oscar and it's all been that actorey kind of acting ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of hate ET too. I do not understand the fuss. and I tend to cry a lot during films too, 'tis so embarrassing :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. # 5 - Grabs heart, makes dramatic stumbling motion, faints into the nearest chair with a hand raised to my eyes....

    To each their own, of course. ;-)

    It was fun making the 10 movie fact list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon - How could I be so naive? You're totally right.

    Mike - I'm glad I can count on you to be a fellow pro-musical, un-fan of Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp.

    Anahita - Nothing wrong with crying during movies! As long as that movie isn't E.T. Yuck!

    Wild Celtic - This list was fun! Even if I upset you a little haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Zoolander" is my sunshine on cloudy days.

    I have used the word "eugoogly" more times than I care to count.

    If I ever see a model of any building, I say: "How do you expect them to learn to read if they can't even fit inside the building?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Anna Kendrick should have won the Oscar. Can we take Monique's away and give it to her?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt - I'll join you in that plot anytime!

    M. Carter - "What is this, a center for ants!?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jude....hysterical!!

    Someone should totally do a post with just Zoolander quotes to brighten our day

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2/5. That is blasphemy to my ears!
    4/6/7. A to the Men.
    8. Hell yeah! I even like Jurassic Park 3, though that be Spielberg-less. And I've hated ET since childhood.
    10. Sleeping Beauty, all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tag to you on the Music quiz I have on my blog. Didn't want you left out of another one! It's music facts about ourselves, if you're interested

    ReplyDelete